In this policy, “us”, “we”, or “our” means AUSTrolley Pty Ltd T/A Shade Span Industries, operators of this website.
We are bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 (subject to any exemptions that apply to us under that Act).
1. Information We Collect
The personal information we collect falls into three categories: contact details, click trails, and activity history.
- Contact details are collected as supplied by you from time to time. We do not personally store usable credit card information. Where a record is required, we entrust credit cards to our payment gateway and store only the last few digits and expiry date of your credit card solely for purposes of identity confirmation and forewarning of expiry.
- Click trails record the paths taken by visitors through the website. This information is generally recorded against IP address, and may be possible to correlate by computer.
- Activity History consists of orders, enquiries, votes submitted via the website, or offline contact you have with us such as phone calls.
2. How We Collect It
Contact details are collected when supplied by you either via the website or direct to us by other means.
Click trails are recorded by our servers as each request reaches the website. This includes but is not limited to:
- The type of browser you are using
- The date and time of your visit
- Your IP address
- The address of the website that referred you to ours
- The addresses of pages accessed and any documents downloaded
Activity history is recorded whenever you undertake an activity such as submit an enquiry, request a quote, and may additionally be recorded by us when you contact us offline.
3. Why We Collect It and How We Use It
We collect your personal contact details and activity history:
- To respond to requests or queries you raise
- To confirm your identity
- To fulfil orders made by you
- To keep you up to date with news, special offers, and other marketing information you have opted-in to receive.
We collect click trail data:
- To measure and monitor the performance of our website
- To estimate interest in our products and services
- To refine and update our website's content
4. How We Disclose it
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information to third parties, under the following circumstances:
- As part of a sale of all or part of our business
- When explicitly authorised to do so by yourself at the time you supply the information
- As required or authorised by any applicable law
- As part of any investigation by us into you or your activity on our website (including to your Internet Service Provider or network administrator)
- To lessen or prevent a serious threat to a person's health or safety
Cookies are electronic tokens containing small amounts of information that are passed between a web browser and server. They are used to maintain session state between pages or to retain information between visits if you return to the website at a later time.
6. Opting In and Out
You may opt out from the correlation of passive activity data by turning off cookies in your browser. Please note however that disabling cookies may result in a reduction of available functionality on our site.
If you receive any communication purporting to be connected with us or our products or services that you believe has been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us immediately as outlined in section 9.
7. Information Management and Security
You acknowledge that the security of communications sent by electronic means cannot be guaranteed. You provide information to us via the internet at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not wholly within our control.
You agree that we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party and that the collection and use of your information by third parties may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please contact us immediately as outlined in section 9.
8. Gaining Access to your Information
You have the right (excluding exceptions outlined in the Privacy Act) to seek access to and update or correct the personal information we hold about you. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. We may charge a fee to cover the costs of meeting your request.
If you would like to seek access to personal information we hold about you, you can contact us as outlined in section 9.
9. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or complaints about how we collect, use, disclose, manage or store your personal information, or would like to request access or changes to the information we hold, please contact us in writing at:
29/20 Ellerslie Road